Wellington City Council's website states:."This elected community board represents the interests of the Tawa Community. The board reflects the unique history and requirements of the area and helps Wellington City Council to understand and meet the community's needs."
Find more information on the Board and its meetings, Visit the Wellington City Council website.
The roles and responsibilities of Tawa Community Board members are as follows:
1. representing and acting as an advocate for the interests of the Tawa community
2. considering and reporting on any matter referred to it by Wellington City Council and any issues of
interest to the Tawa Community Board
3. making an annual submission to Wellington City Council on expenditure in the local authority
4. maintaining an overview of services provided by Wellington City Council within the Tawa community
5. communicating with community organisations and special interest groups in the Tawa community
6. undertaking any other responsibilities delegated by Wellington City Council